Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Foster/Adoption Announcement


When Micah and I first started down this foster to adopt road we told each other that we were going to experience this with as much excitement that we would have if we were pregnant. We have done several things that are similar to what someone would do if they were pregnant. We prepared a room, we took pictures similar to maternity photos (minus the bump ;) ), and we decided to send out announcement's. Most people would send out birth announcements but we wanted to let our family know what we were doing before we have a child in our life. We are pretty close with most of our family but we have a large extended family that may not know that we are becoming foster parents so we thought this would be a good way to let them know. Plus it was fun & exciting for us to do! I found these cards on Vista print. They were actually pregnancy announcements and I just changed the wording! We loved that we got to add a personal message on the back.

Front

Back




4 comments:

  1. I love it, too. Don't forget that we are also going to shower y'all just as we do for any of us who welcome a child into our lives! Just let me know a good date for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are currently going through the foster/adoption process as well. I am wanting to share a announcement with friends and family also. Did you wait until you were approved before you sent this out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mailed our announcements out last week and our last class on gps is this week. I went ahead and sent them out because we don't have any worries about being approved! I originally was going to wait but I was too excited!! I would do it however you feel most comfortable!! :)

      Delete