Friday, June 13, 2014

Summer Reading List 2014



I have always been a book worm. Before we decided to become foster parents I could read several books in one week. Since we made this decision it seems like there has been roadblock after roadblock. I ran across a quote recently that really spoke to my heart concerning this: "When God is up to something big, Satan will use whatever and whomever to prevent it from happening." This was shared on facebook and it came at the perfect time when I needed to be encouraged to press on in this journey. I haven't been reading as much (almost not at all) since last November. So I have decided to make a summer reading list that will hopefully help me get back to doing something that I enjoy so much. The following is my list.




Seven by Jen Hatmaker  I recently posted about this book. I am still reading this book and yes it is still wrecking me. 

Paper Towns by John Green  I am really looking forward to this book. I read The Fault in Our Stars another one of John Green's books and it was so good. It made me cry the ugly cry.

Bridge to Haven by Francine Rivers I love all of Francine Rivers books. She has this amazing ability of weaving together scripture and how it applies to our life in a fictional story that grabs hold of you and doesn't let go.

The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon If you like historical fiction and fantasy then this series is for you. I have actually read the first three books. I just never finished and she has recently came out with another book. A television network is also turning the first book into a television show so I am wanting to go back and try to finish reading it.

The Princess by Lori Wick Lori Wick is one of my favorite christian authors. I first read The Princess several years ago and it immediately became one of my "yearly reads". I love this book. I highly recommend reading it if you never had. Especially if your a girl and happen to love princesses! 

You may notice that this is a pretty short list for someone who used to read up to 4 books a week. It is. I want to get back to reading more but just not quite that much! What is your Summer Reading List?

3 comments:

  1. I needed that quote today! God is definitely up to something big :) I just started Love Does by Bob Goff and I'm excited about reading it. And I am going to reread Seven, just because I *need* to. And I have a Barnes and Noble gift card burning a hole in my pocket--I'm thinking I need that Francine Rivers book (love her!) and a JoJo Myers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to jump on the Seven train and read it. I've been attempting to avoid, but it's not working :)

    I have Paper Trains purchased and sitting on my nightstand to be my next read. I just started (on the first chapter) WILD by Cheryl Strayed and it is reeling me in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Princess was my first Lori Wick book, and I was hooked! She is probably my favorite author!

    ReplyDelete