Friday, June 6, 2014

Why Blog?


I have been reading blogs for about 4 years now. It has always been amazing to me how people basically bare their souls for the entire world to read. I am the type of person who loves to know things. I research everything and I mean everything. When the hubby and I started to think about adoption I turned to google and the blog world. I found oodles of insightful info. I feel like websites you can find on foster care/adoption (or any topic you desire) is more politically correct facts on the topic. But blogs are real life stories. What its like day in and day out, the good, the bad, the ugly, the joyful. When we went to our GPS orientation I felt like I knew everything there was to know that was available to me at that time. So it blew my google/blog lovin mind when the majority of the people there admitted to not knowing much about foster care and adoption. To me the more I know the more confident I feel. So reading blogs these past few years led me to wanting to start my own. Years ago when Micah and I realized that becoming parents was not going to come easy to us we made a decision to keep God in this and to give Him the glory as we travel this bumpy road. We wanted God to use our story to help other people in the same place if He saw fit. Its not always easy to talk about. Its painful and uncomfortable at times but it is also exciting to see God work in this season of our lives. I also wanted to document this journey and I don't scrapbook and have never been good at keeping a journal. So far not much has happened to blog about so I may sometimes just blog about our life. I plan to blog more regularly once our GPS classes start. 

4 comments:

  1. Girl I'm there with you. It's the most up and down thing you will do. It's not at all what I wanted or planned but it's exactly what God had in his plans for me. He blesses me daily. I am here for you and will help you any way I can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love you so much! We're always praying for y'all and I hope GPS classes start up ASAP! Can't wait to see what God has in store for your family. Miss you tons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you too Kelly! Thank you for your prayers!! We continue to pray for you guys and sweet Elise!! Miss our talks at work :)

      Delete