Monday, August 4, 2014

Memorization Monday : James 1:19-20


Every time I start to think that I've finally got it all together God always shows me just how wrong I am. I am thankful for this because I will never reach the day that I don't need the love and forgiveness of my Savior and for Him to show me the areas in my life that need improvement. I believe He does this because of His great love for us. Like the new Casting Crown's song says: We are meant to thrive. Not just survive. I am ashamed  to admit that one of those areas that we (me & Jesus) are working on right now is my temper. Let's just say that I can be a tad bit hot headed. Enough said. He has shown me that this is a sin and that is why I picked the following verse to memorize this week.

"Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." James 1:19-20

God desires for us to live a righteous life. I want this. I can only get there with the loving help of my Jesus.

*Memorization Tip* : Read it 10 times. Write it 10 times. Say it 10 times.

*A Challenge* : Think of 5 ways the Lord has blessed you and write these on a note card. Carry this with you this week and at anytime you start to feel a little angry/upset pull it out and read those blessings until that moment passes!

No comments:

Post a Comment