Saturday, August 23, 2014

Nesting for the Foster/Adoptive Mama


We have been busy getting things ready for our future kiddo(s). We have given Charlie & Jake the boot out of the spare bedroom, painted and have started decorating. I can't begin to tell you how much fun it has been to prepare a space for our child. We have waited a very long time to do this and it has been as wonderful as I always imagined it to be. Below are some pictures of the room. I still have some touches I want to add but this gives you the general idea.




We are pretty happy with the way it has turned out. Next we are going to paint and redecorate their bathroom. Having their room ready has made this seem all the more real. Just today I looked at Micah and told him "I'm ready for our child to come home." I have to confess that this is so exciting for us but can also have its emotional moments as well. Today I had one of those moments. This Tuesday night is our orientation for our GPS classes and then September 9th is our 1st official class. Please be in prayer for us as we start this part of our journey and continue to ready our home for our future child.

No comments:

Post a Comment