Monday, August 11, 2014

Memorization Monday: Jeremiah 1:5


When you read this weeks verse you may think to yourself ummm....I've known this verse forever. It's a verse we see pretty often especially in reference to new babies. But I think its important to think about what this verse means to us as adults and the season of life we are in right now. This weeks verse is:

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart." Jeremiah 1:5

The fact that God knew me before I was even created is so amazing to me. He knew me before my own mother knew I was ever going to exist. I think that's pretty special. I also think its pretty special that for a moment in time the only two people that knew of my existence was God and my mother.

 Sometimes in life as an adult we get caught up in doing life. We are working, caring for children, husbands, furbabies ;) and endless list of things that sometimes we may feel like who is caring for us? That's where I think this verse can be so vital to our lives. This verse reminds us that God cares. He always has...He loved us way before anyone even knew to expect our arrival here on earth. He also set us apart. We were created for a purpose. Before we were born God already knew His plan for our life. Sometimes we may be unsure of what that plan is and that's another way this verse can help us. It reminds us that even when we are unsure of the plan God never is. We just have to trust in Him and He will show us the way.

*Memorization Tip*: Say this verse out loud every time your in your car!

* In your prayer time thank God for setting you apart before you were even born. If your not sure of your purpose right now ask God to show you. * 

No comments:

Post a Comment