Monday, July 14, 2014

Memorization Monday Psalm 18:2



In Sunday School we have been studying wisdom. What is wisdom and where does it come from?  Are we following God's wisdom or that of someone else? How do we know that the "wise words" we are hearing are from God or our own idea of how life should go? Well one way to know God better is to know his words and I believe with my whole heart that the better we know him the easier it will be to know when it is HIS wisdom we are hearing. So what better way to know His words them to hide them in our hearts! This weeks verse is:

"The LORD is my rock, my fortress, my deliverer, my GOD, my stronghold in whom I take refuge, my shield, the glory of my salvation, and my high tower." Psalm 18:2

I love this verse and am so excited to commit it to memory. Psalm 18:2 states the many roles that God plays in our lives. He is so complex and just BIG! There is no area of our lives that He can't touch and that is so amazing and such a comfort to me and I hope that it is to you as well!

*Memorization Tip* Write this verse down then repeat 20 times! Once you have memorized this verse try saying it out loud replacing every "my" with "your name"! Jesus loves you my friends and He is all of this to you and more. He wants you to know it and believe it! 

*A Challenge*  I believe that God sometimes will bring to your mind someones name. It may seem totally random because this person may not be someone you interact with on a regular basis but I don't think that its random at all. If this happens to you this week, stop and pray for this person, send them a text or drop a note of encouragement in the mail. You never know when someone just needs an encouraging word but God does. Let's be an encouragement this week to someone and show the Love of Jesus! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment