Monday, July 28, 2014

Memorization Monday: Proverbs 31:26


This weeks verse comes from Proverbs 31 the description of a wife of noble character. This verse causes me to pause and think. Think about the things I say. The things I say when I'm busy and stressed or just plain frustrated with a situation. The things I say when I don't agree with someone or how something is being handled. How often do we think before we speak? When we don't we have regret over words we wish we could take back. Our words hold power. Power to bring someone up and bring someone down. The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman is a great book and I highly recommend it if you haven't read it. After reading this book and taking the quiz I learned that my primary love language is "words of affirmation". I'm super sensitive to words that are spoken to me and at the same time words that are left unsaid. While I may be sensitive to this I still need help with keeping my mouth shut at times. This is something I need God to help me with. To teach me there is honor in keeping my lips sealed. To not talk unless my words are for the good and lift someone up. I realize that there are times that we will have to say unpleasant things but I also think that with Gods help He will help us to be graceful when those situations arise. This weeks verse is:

"She opens her mouth with wisdom and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue." Proverbs 31:26

*Memorization Tip* Tape this verse to you bathroom mirror. Say it out loud while you are getting ready for the day and remember that true beauty comes from Jesus that shines from within us.

*A Challenge* Go out of your way this week to say something kind to someone. Be intentional about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment