Friday, July 4, 2014

Memorization Monday (Even though its Friday)


I have been reading Crash The Chatterbox by Steven Furtick and it has made me realize just how important scripture memorization is. Psalms 119:11 says "I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you." Satan loves to get in our heads and trick us into believing his lies. Everyone is different so the lies he uses are different for each of us. But his goal is the same. To pull us out of fellowship with our God. Crash the Chatterbox is all about learning how to fight back. The best way to do this is to hide Gods word in our hearts. So when the enemy starts to confuse us with his lies we can fight back with the truth of Jesus. Let me tell you a secret about me. I am horrible at remembering stuff. Peoples names(so embarrassing), a specific ingredient at the grocery store, a bill(eek!), something the hubby asked me to do for him, and the list goes on. So memorizing bible verses has never been very easy to me. I always am impressed by people who can pull out scripture at the drop of a hat! Several things has happened lately that has made me feel that God is saying "Ashley, remember my words!" I started reading Crash the Chatterbox, #SheReadsTruth has days that are only a verse to memorize, and last week a devotional was about this same topic. So I'm going to do it. I'm going to pick a verse a week to memorize and since we are not meant to do life alone I am going to start "Memorization Monday"!


Every Monday I will post a new verse from the bible to memorize that week! I hope that you will join me in Memorization Monday and we can work together to hide God's word in our hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment